Bill Gates Think Week
Bill Gates Think Week is a seven day retreat that he takes twice a year in order to focus on solving big problems and issues. Some of his best works comes out of those think weeks such as the famous prediction that he made in his memo in 1995 “The Internet Tidal Wave” accurately predicting the information superhighway. So what is Bill Gates Think Week and what are the benefits if you do a think week for yourself.
What is Bill Gates Think Week?
1. Twice a year he goes to a secret isolates location up in the mountains.
2. He stays alone in a cabin and a care taker brings him food twice every day.
3. He is secluded from family, friends, coworkers, internet, social media and telephone.
4. He takes with him a big box full of books on a specific subject matter.
5. He studies the books and he tries to find solutions to a big problem or a specific subject matter.
6. He does some deep thinking about the matter so he can come with new solutions and new ideas.
How you can benefit if you apply in your life “Bill Gates Think Week”
1. First of all you don’t have any distraction from your family, friends coworkers, social media or the internet.
2. You can really focus on the problem or matter that you want to find solutions and answers.
3. When you are secluded and isolated from the rest of the world you can do some deep thinking.
4. You use all your brain power on a single problem
5. By being in a new environment closer to nature it can help you to see the problem from a new perspective
6. By removing stress factors you get your mind and body in a relaxing and productive state.
7. When you go back to work you have all the energy needed to take massive actions on that specific problem.
How you can do a “Bill Gates Think Week”
If it’s hard to take a whole week off and go in a cabin up in the mountains like Unabomber then all you have to do is take a weekend off. The key here is to go alone in a hotel up in the mountains, with no internet access and no distractions. Also you have to take some books on that specific matter and do some deep thinking about a problem that is bothering you. You have be committed that by the end of the weekend you will come with some specific written down answers and that you are going to take actions on implementing them.